Colorado HOA Management: Tips to Help Your New Board Member
Do you have a new board member for your HOA? Help the new member have a successful first 100 days by working with CAP Management. Here are some of the ways we can help ease your transition.
- We will help you schedule an orientation program–immediately after the annual meeting–that covers every aspect of the association’s operations
- We encourage each director and committee chair to attend the orientation, so that everyone hears the same information
- Why not enroll new directors in CAI’s ABCs–A Basic Course for Association Leaders?
- We will give you a job description explaining directors’ roles and responsibilities
- We will create a handbook for new directors that includes association documents and other relevant information
- Gently remind new directors that their goal is to improve the community, not to satisfy a personal agenda
- We encourage the Board to recruit board members who are already serving on committees or volunteering in some capacity
- We will help you create a long-term plan for the association, so new directors understand community goals
- Encourage new directors to speak their minds and offer new ideas